Major milestone: All UITS and Mosaic departments have officially migrated to UAConnect! Thank you all for your support, your patience, and your willingness to provide the feedback that will ultimately translate to a successful rollout to the rest of campus.
Here are a few helpful things to know as you begin using these new tools:
- If you experience any difficulties, please call or submit a help ticket to the 24/7 (http://uits.arizona.edu/get-support) with “UAConnect” in the first line of the request box. Submitting questions and issues through a single conduit will help us better identify problems and compile supporting documentation.
- Remember that a UAConnect community site is available to help you navigate UAConnect as a new user. Post questions, start a dialogue, or help others troubleshoot. Just log on at http://uaconnect.ning.com (or http://uaconnect.ning.com/?xgi=40abSKWFnfKjAm, if you need to join). This site will eventually roll out to all of campus; documenting our experiences in these forums will help our colleagues have the best possible experience.
- You will be in a dual calendar situation until all campus users of Meeting Maker have migrated to UAConnect. MeetingMaker remains the OFFICIAL scheduling tool until close of business November 30th 2010.
- Activation times for the Office Communicator (the instant messaging tool in UAConnect) may take up to 24 hours. Please wait a day before submitting a help ticket if your OC does not seem to immediately function properly.
- The Office of the CIO has agreed to fund the purchase of a campus site license for AstraSync, a tool to synchronize email and calendars to Blackberry devices. This purchase is still being reviewed and processed. We will release details and instructions as soon as we know them.
That’s it for now, but expect more news and updates soon. Thank you again for your support of UAConnect.