A message from David Heineking Director, Parking & Transportation Services:
The Campus Community is invited to the July 4th Festivities at the UA Parking Garages Parking & Transportation Services is pleased to invite the campus community to the July 4th festivities at the University of Arizona campus garages beginning at 6pm.
- If you are affiliated with the University or are a family member, please come and watch the Tucson area fireworks from the top of one of the UA Parking garages: Sixth Street, Tyndall Avenue, Main Gate, Park Avenue, and Highland Avenue. Garage locations may be found here. There will be no cost to park or attend this event.
- The top level of each garage will be blocked to vehicular traffic allowing for spectators to set up lawn chairs to view the fireworks.
- Garages will open at 6pm on July 4th for a 9:00 pm fireworks showing. Parking will be allowed on all levels except for the top level.
- Please remember to bring plenty of drinking water. Absolutely no alcohol, barbecues, cooking, fires, glass containers or sitting on walls will be allowed. Please keep your pets on leashes and in close proximity of where you are seated.
- Portable toilet facilities will be set up in the 6th Street, Highland Avenue and Main Gate Garages. The UA Parking & Transportation Services department is ready to assist you with your parking and transportation needs. Please contact 626-PARK (7275) for additional information or check our web site