You need to determine which Operating System (32 or 64 bit) you are using so that you can download the correct Lync software for your computer.
Windows 7 or Windows Vista
Instructions on How to Tell if Windows is Running 32 or 64 Bit Versions
- Go to the Start button.
- Locate Computer and right-click.
- Locate and right-click on Properties.
- Under System type, you can view whether your computer is a 32 or 64 bit Operating System.
Lync for Windows 7 and Windows Vista Download Instructions
- Once you have determined which Operating System you have (32 or 64 bit), go to UA Software License to download the software.
- Select the appropriate download link and install the Lync software.
- When downloading, if prompted to Run or Save, click Run. Then click OK for any subsequent questions.
- The client will auto-configure based on your email address and password. On the initial screen, enter your email address in the Sign-In address field (<netid>@email.arizona.edu), set your preferred status and click Sign In. If your machine is a member of the CatNet domain, you will not need to enter any additional credential information. If your machine is not in CatNet, the client should prompt you for additional credential information. Provide your username in the format catnet\<netid> and use your NetID password.