Computing on Campus
From your online course materials (D2L), to your email (CatMail), to your registration, bursar's account, and grades (UAccess), you'll need to be online and we can help.
Twitter: UATechTalk | Facebook: UITSTech
Campus Computing Resources
Many departments, colleges, and programs have their own networks, computer labs, workshops, and other information technology resources. Check with your instructor or program coordinator for resources specific to your courses.
|OSCR's Gear-to-Go - check out:
- digital still cameras
- digital videocameras
- lighting equipment
|SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE
- Software License website - software available for free or low cost:
- free Microsoft Windows OS and Office
- free Sophos anti-virus software and subscription
- specific educational software (statistics, math, etc.)
- UA students are also eligible for the free Office 365 subscription from Microsoft.
- A wide variety of software and machines are available for use in the OSCR labs listed above.
- The UA BookStores Technology Center: computers, peripherals, and software at the best available educational discount
- Numerous free training resources are available to help you learn to use various software and hardware, including:
- Microsoft IT Academy
- Safari Books Online
- UACBT (online video tutorials)
- UAccess workshops
Just arrived on campus?
Here is a list of resources for getting the answers to your campus technology questions.
Moving in to a residence hall?
Wireless printer isn't working? You need the cable. See more:
Questions about CatMail?
Questions about D2L?
D2L access and support
Questions about UAccess Student and registration?
Forgotten your NetID password and need to reset it?
Changing your UA NetID Password
Need to install Sophos antivirus on your computer?
Antivirus - Sophos
Need Microsoft software?
Need help setting up your "clicker?"
Clicker installation instructions
Any other questions about UITS services?
Try the search box on the upper right corner of any UITS webpage, or Services, from the menu along the top.
Or ask the 24/7 IT Support Center.