Computing on Campus
The 24/7 IT Support Center
- problem with your computer or peripheral device
- help with a University service (NetID, email, D2L, UAccess, etc.)
- open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except during University holidays
- (520) 626-TECH (8324) - call
- MLK 207 (Mountain Ave. between 1st and 2nd Sts.) - drop in to the lobby
- 247.arizona.edu - choose an online resource for help
UA BookStores Technology Center - certified techs, if the 24/7 determines you need computer repair service
Know the Policies
The University takes data security seriously. If your computer has been compromised, you may be blocked from the University network.
- Your email address will be your UA NetID @email.arizona.edu
- Read it at catmail.arizona.edu using your email address and NetID password
- More information on email is available at the UITS CatMail service page
Connecting Your Computer
Guide for setting up your computer at the University of Arizona
- registering your computer for connecting to the University network
- connecting to UAWiFi (the secure campus wireless network)
- setting up your system updates and firewall
- installing the free anti-virus software available
If you need any assistance, contact the 24/7 IT Support Center at (520) 626-TECH (8324).
Campus Computing Resources
Many departments, colleges, and programs have their own networks, computer labs, workshops, and other information technology resources. Check with your instructor or program coordinator for resources specific to your courses.
|OSCR's Gear-to-Go - check out:
- digital still cameras
- digital videocameras
- lighting equipment
|SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE
- SiteLicense website - software available for free or low cost:
- free Microsoft Windows OS and Office
- free Sophos anti-virus software and subscription
- specific educational software (statistics, math, etc.)
- A wide variety of software and machines are available for use in the labs listed above.
- The UA BookStores Technology Center: computers, peripherals, and software at the best available educational discount
Just arrived on campus?
Here is a list of resources for getting the answers to your campus technology questions.
Moving in to a residence hall?
Wireless printer isn't working?
Questions about CatMail?
Questions about D2L?
D2L access and support
Questions about UAccess Student and registration?
Forgotten your NetID password and need to reset it?
Changing your UA NetID Password
Need to install Sophos antivirus on your computer?
Antivirus - Sophos
Need Microsoft software?
Need help setting up your "clicker?"
Clicker installation instructions
Any other questions about UITS services?
Try the search box on the upper right corner of any UITS webpage, or Services, from the menu along the top.
- UAnswers – log in and search for an answer in the online database
- 24/7 IT Support Center:
- (520) 626-TECH (8324)
- MLK 207 (Martin Luther King building on Mountain Ave. between 1st and 2nd Sts.)
- 247.arizona.edu for chat or remote desktop assistance
- uassist.arizona.edu – submit a question or problem, or check back on previous questions