The first step is to determine if a W6 website is the right choice.
Is a W6 Site Appropriate For You?
To qualify for a W6 site, you must be able to answer yes to the following questions.
- Are you either active faculty or staff?
- Is the site for a university-related purpose? Note: personal, bio, or résumé websites should use U-System.
- Do you have technical skills or have access to someone with technical skills?
- Is this for a production website (not permanently development or sandbox)?
- Will the website reflect positively on the University's reputation and caliber?
- Does W6 offer the features you will need?
The features offered by a W6 website include the following:
- Web Hosting - Available
- 500MB Disk Quota (an additional 500MB is available free upon request)
- 25GB Monthly Bandwidth
- Multiple DNS Entries (yoursite.arizona.edu)
- Two MySQL Databases
- Apache - yes
- PHP - yes
- PERL - yes
- MySQL - yes
- Custom *.arizona.edu URL - yes
- Shell Access - yes
- SFTP - yes
- Site Security Responsibility - Client
- 3rd Party Web Apps - yes
- Access Log Tools
- 14 days of backups
Additionally, you can get 10GB of space for a cost of $146.80/year.