Attention: PSOS users must enable Key Mapping before using puTTY. After you have setup puTTY, please see the directions for Key Mapping at the bottom of this page.
1. Download and install puTTY from sitelicense.arizona.edu.
2. Double click the puTTY icon. The puTTY Configuration window will appear.
3. If you are a U System user, enter u.arizona.edu in the Host Name text box. If you are a PSOS user, enter PSOS.arizona.edu in the Host Name text box. (The screen shots in these directions assume you are a U System user. These directions will work for PSOS users as well.)
4. In the Saved Sessions text box, enter a name for this session. Click Save. The name you entered will appear under Default Settings. (The next time you go into puTTY, highlight this name and click Load. The settings will appear.)
5. Click Open. The Log-in screen will appear.
6. Enter your log-in name (NetID) at the prompt and hit the Return key.
7. Enter your password at the prompt and hit the Return key. The puTTY option screen appears.
8. Select an interface option and hit the Enter key. The Welcome screen appears. (The example screen shown below is the Welcome to Mint screen where Mint is the host name. The host name may be different on your screen.).
9. Type the letter for the type of session you wish to run. Hit the Enter key. The Welcome to the U-System Menu screen appears. Use the arrow keys to scroll to the U-system session you wish to enter and hit the Enter key.
For more information about puTTY, please consult the puTTY documentation.
Directions for PSOS users to enable Key Mapping