Faculty and staff members who have departmental IT support are encouraged to contact their IT representatives for UAConnect related help. For those who do not have departmental IT support please contact the 24/7 IT Support Center at 520.626.TECH (8324).
If your signature is larger than 8KB, you will receive an error message in OWA.
Although the University does not recommend the use of outside providers for university-related email correspondence nor does it recommend forwarding email from your official faculty/staff email accounts to outside providers, we do have a self service email forwards service. Visit the Self Service Email Forwards webpage to learn more.
To stop your email forwards go to the Self Service Email Forwards login page. Login with your UA NetID and password. Follow the prompts.
How to Figure Out Your Mailbox Quota
You can see how much storage you are using through Outlook, Apple Mail, or Outlook Web App (OWA). These show your usage in MB (megabytes).
1. In Outlook 2010, click on the File tab and this should auto-select the Info option on the left-hand menu.
2. You should see under Mailbox Cleanup something similar to the screenshot below.
Outlook Web Access:
1. Log in to UAConnect.
2. Leave the Use Outlook Web Access Light box unchecked.
3. In your Inbox, place the mouse cursor over your account name in the Nagivation Pan (left hand corner of the window).
4. The Mailbox Quota information will display as shown below.
What Happens When You Are Over Quota?
For faculty, staff, and retiress, here is what happens as your email account reaches its maximum capacity of 12GB.
UITS will send an automated message daily at 1:00 a.m. to alert you to each of these conditions as they apply:
When you reach the maximum quota all subsequent messages sent to you will be bounced back to the sender. You will receive email again and your account will function normally as soon as you delete enough messages for your account to fall under the relevent 12GB quota.
Recommendations on How to Manage Your Email Quota
List of Blocked File Extensions in UAConnect