Opportunities for UA Staff and Faculty to Grow IT Skills and Knowledge
This Training Inventory is a compilation of various professional development resources and opportunities offered through University of Arizona IT Services and other sources including professional associations. This compilation is not an exhaustive list of all training available but is intended to serve as a starting point for staff and faculty to use in identifying training and professional development opportunities that are available.
- Educause - a nonprofit association whose mission is to advance higher education by promoting the intelligent use of information technology
- Log in here
- Scroll down to UA logo
- Enter your NetID and password on the UA authentication page
- ITCats - the ITCats Toastmasters Club is a professional development opportunity for University of Arizona IT staff to improve their communications and leadership skills
- ITIL - the most widely adopted approach for IT Service Management in the world. It provides a practical, no-nonsense framework for identifying, planning, delivering and supporting IT services to the business.
- HDI - the leading professional association and certification body for technical service and support professionals
- UA HR Training - a variety of professional development courses designed specifically to enhance your skills and competencies
- UA Computer Based Training - 24/7 availability of FREE online training to all UA NetID holders (faculty, students, and staff). Access over 1,026 courses and 98,729 video tutorials, covering a broad range of topics and applications.
- Microsoft Imagine Academy - an e-learning system for Microsoft products. Microsoft Imagine Academy provides free online training courses for students, faculty, and staff for a variety of Microsoft programs. This includes training in Microsoft Office, Windows 7, Exchange Server, SharePoint and more.
- Microsoft Licensing Agreement - self-paced, interactive training developed by Microsoft experts. These sessions are designed to improve user proficiency.
- After you click on the Microsoft Licensing Agreement link above, locate and click on Microsoft Tutorials near the bottom of the page
photo by FJ Gaylor